When customers use your product or service, they will usually interact with lots of different parts of your company. They will:
- talk to your community of users to make a purchasing decision,
- read your marketing material
- visit your website, talk to your sales team
- go through an onboarding process
- have an initial experience getting started with the product,
- call customer support when necessary.
If any of these touchpoints are not meeting your client’s expectations, you are jeopardizing their entire experience, and risk losing them as a customer, as a result.
Customer Journey Mapping is the single best silo-busting research methodology out there. It gets the whole company thinking about the entire end-to-end customer experience and uncovers ways that the company needs to support them.
- Initial assessment
- Interviewing stakeholders in different departments to identify where they see problems and areas for improvement
- Researching your product or service to ensure a solid foundation (reviewing any manuals, marketing materials, relevant competitors etc.)
- Identifying key target personas for your customer base based on stakeholder interviews
- Developing an interview protocol questionnaire for your target personas that walks them through their end-to-end experience
- Recruiting participants for interviews to ensure that there we speak to the people that will give us the most valuable feedback
- Taking care of compensation for participants
- Leading and moderating interviews
- Delivery of recorded sessions and notes
- Analyzing interview data to create customer journey maps
- Leading and moderating a stakeholder workshop session to walk a mile in your customers shoes based on the customer journeys and identify where customers could be better served.
- Developing detailed recommendations on improving your customer end-to-end experience
- 60 days of our availability at conclusion of our project for additional questions or adjustments.